American Greetings

corporate.americangreetings.com
  corporate.americangreetings.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Greetings

It was a family culture that rewarded hard work and looked to provide opportunities for all.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at American Greetings full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people to work with, once the longevity was outstanding. They will be moving into a new corporate camous in the next couple of years that will provide a much better work location.

Cons

The workloads are heavy and there is little support. You will learn by doing, not by training. You will become a self started if you wish to succeed. The work force will continue to face downsizing.

you are out of touch with the true feelings and needs of the employees. The direction and the needs of the employees do not meet. The number of current employees activly looking for work elsewhere will be a shock to you.

203 Other Employee Reviews for American Greetings (View Most Recent)

This is one AWESOME company

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Brooklyn, OH
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Brooklyn, OH

I have been working at American Greetings full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great (and Knowledgeable) Staff, Can wear Jeans, Open Source Code & Collaboration, Great Benefits, Starbucks, Break room (includes games & free soda), Need I say More?

Cons

Lack of Remote Working (not big on work from home), besides that...there are no downsides to this incredible company from the view I have of it!

None! I'd love to see some more workspace flexibillity, but that is it! Everything else about this company is far beyond amazing.

Line Design Intern

Former Employee - Line Design  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Line Design in Cleveland, OH

I worked at American Greetings as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Interns are exposed to the wonderful world of greeting cards, including the process from creation to retail placement, and the joys of waiting some 1 to 2 years for it to show up in a store.

Cons

It's a family owned/family run business. Unless your last name is Weiss, you can forget taking over one day. Your working days are filled with long, and often unnecessary meetings. They like to meet to meet. They're Hallmark's competitor, so there's also a bit of "we're number 2" attitude; they're content where they are in the eyes of the consumer but that may be because it's next to impossible to outshine Hallmark.

Spend time getting to know the interns.

There are newer employer reviews for American Greetings

Worked for American Greetings? Contribute to the Community!