American Greetings

corporate.americangreetings.com
  corporate.americangreetings.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Greetings

High Expectations with minimal hours and negative management...

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Merchandiser in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at American Greetings part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There were no pros to working for American Greetings. Its not a positive company to work for.

Cons

Where do I begin? You get reprimanded for going over in hours, (which in some stores you are lucky to get one hour every other week) yet it's impossible to straighten "clean sweep" even half of your department with the minimal amount of time allotted, let alone put out an order, place and order, and deal with shop-backs and other tasks that may arise. There were many times when I would stay over my allotted time and not report it so that I could try to get the department looking halfway decent. So in short, that meant I was working for free because if we were to go over our time, we were threatened with negativity. Speaking of negativity, it apparently must be a criteria for the area supervisors to be stone cold and brainwashed by company procedure that in short, is so outdated right down to the clunky scanners that have to be at least 20 years old. There was never any positive feedback. I am a hard working, honest person by nature, but unless you want to bust your butt for little pay and no appreciation, I definitely would look for a job elsewhere and skip working for American Greetings.

Try some positive reinforcement for once. Also, standing behind your merchandisers would have been nice, as well as acknowledging that they are hard-working and deserve to be paid for the time put in without having the fear of being reprimanded. It's not like being scheduled 1 hour every other week is going to come even close to overtime.

210 Other Employee Reviews for American Greetings (View Most Recent)

Part Time Merchandiser

Former Employee - Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Merchandiser

I worked at American Greetings part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can't think of any Pros.

Cons

High expectations yet little hours given. Always told never go over hours and yet get reprimanded for things not getting satisfactory completed.

A major revamp is needed for your processes, especially for disposing of season cards. It's such a sad waste of paper. Too much is demanded to be done when calls are only scheduled every other week with few hours even when there is a call.

Does not treat employees good

Current Employee - Part Time Merchandiser in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Part Time Merchandiser in Dallas, TX

I have been working at American Greetings part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Somewhat flexible schedule, no other pros

Cons

no place for advancement, under staff, little training, very little pay for work done

All of upper management changes or has been moved to India

There are newer employer reviews for American Greetings