Good to pay just phone bill

Current Employee - Merchandiser  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Merchandiser in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at American Greetings part-time for more than a year

Pros

$11.00 per hour. Merchandising experience. Flexible schedule. visual display. Work with out being supervised. Meet mew people.

Cons

Computer can give you issues. Lack of hours. Unreliable hours. Need computer and phone or house phone. Needs car for more stores. Travel.

more hours. More stores.

Other Reviews for American Greetings

We all have that one job we regret. Well....

Former Employee - PT Merchandiser
    Former Employee - PT Merchandiser

I worked at American Greetings part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Flexible-Schedule (sort of)
    -Work alone

Cons

-Very unrealistic about EVERYTHING!!
    -They will give you about 4 hours a week to complete tasks that take anywhere from 6-10 hours or more to be completed and then get mad at you when you don't complete your tasks.
    -Management has entitlement issues. Very snotty and rude.
    -They give merchandisers very outdated equipment, and expect them to work their butts off for very, very little pay
    -The pay is so low it really only pays the gas it takes you to travel to and from your accounts.
    -Oddly enough I was very stressed out during my time at American Greetings. I never knew being something as petty as a "Card fluffer" could be such a head ach.
    -When I first started I was told that my boss was not able to keep merchandisers in my area. Now I know why.

Get off your high horse. You are not saving lives, you are not protecting the public or doing any public service for that matter. You supervise card fluffers. You are really not as great as you make yourself out to be.

Big mistake!

Former Employee - Part Time Merchandiser  in  Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Part Time Merchandiser in Boise, ID

I worked at American Greetings part-time for less than a year

Pros

Somewhat flexible hours, rewarding work when complete, independent work environment

Cons

Horrible outdated equipment, unkind, passive agressive management, website and telephone support system not capable of meeting the needs of employees. Lots of crashes and times that you cannot even log in. Plan on spending lots of time on hold to a far away country waiting for help for your outdated technology to actually work in order to do a job that you are not given enough hours to do reasonably.

Encourage and build up your employees starting at the bottom. Don't throw away so much product and instead pay the little guy more for the extremely hard work they do. And if that cannot be done, then at least donate the wasted product.

There are newer employer reviews for American Greetings.

Worked for American Greetings? Contribute to the Community!