American Greetings
corporate.americangreetings.com Cleveland, OH 5000+ Employees

We all have that one job we regret. Well....

PT Merchandiser (Former Employee)

Pros-Flexible-Schedule (sort of)
-Work alone

Cons-Very unrealistic about EVERYTHING!!
-They will give you about 4 hours a week to complete tasks that take anywhere from 6-10 hours or more to be completed and then get mad at you when you don't complete your tasks.
-Management has entitlement issues. Very snotty and rude.
-They give merchandisers very outdated equipment, and expect them to work their butts off for very, very little pay
-The pay is so low it really only pays the gas it takes you to travel to and from your accounts.
-Oddly enough I was very stressed out during my time at American Greetings. I never knew being something as petty as a "Card fluffer" could be such a head ach.
-When I first started I was told that my boss was not able to keep merchandisers in my area. Now I know why.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your high horse. You are not saving lives, you are not protecting the public or doing any public service for that matter. You supervise card fluffers. You are really not as great as you make yourself out to be.

Each year you get more work without any compensation.

I have been working at American Greetings full-time

Pros: flexibility, company car, annual bonus Cons: work never ends, bigger territories without any compensation, upper management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Merchandiser for over 10 years

Merchandiser (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Greetings part-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Flexible hours, my supervisor is great Cons: Don't count on hours, start at minimum wage No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Greetings.

Worked for American Greetings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Greetings reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Greetings CEO Zev Weiss. All reviews posted anonymously by American Greetings employees.