American Greetings

corporate.americangreetings.com
  corporate.americangreetings.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Greetings

It should be so much better

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Project Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at American Greetings

Pros

I work with so many great people. There are few place in northeast Ohio packed with so many great minds to collaborate with.

Cons

The downside is that as a subsidiary of a major public company, we have the politics of a major public company.

Personal agendas and perceptions get in the way of real progress all too often. Assumptions about how ideas have been implemented in the past affect current perceptions too greatly without enough consideration of how the idea is being recast.

211 Other Employee Reviews for American Greetings (View Most Recent)

Pay is decent -- it's hard work but it's a job.

Current Employee - Gen, Factory Worker in Danville, KY
    Current Employee - Gen, Factory Worker in Danville, KY

I have been working at American Greetings

Pros

One of the positive things about AG is the pay -- for the Danville area it's pretty decent. Another good aspect is that you are off on weekends, there are opportunities to go home without it counting against you (when work is slow) and there are seasonal opportunities for overtime. I also like that it may be a factory but it's an 8 hr. position. Other factories here all have 12 hr. shifts.

Cons

Management is mediocre -- they are very strict and claim they do not play favorites but there is clear nepitism in some cases. It is factory work -- I was hired in 2007 and can tell that it is wearing on my body. I do not know how much longer my body can keep up with the work. Another negative is that all new hires start on 2nd shift -- it isn't for everyone. I have a small child and I don't get a lot of family time because of the awkward shift.

No advice for them -- it wouldn't matter what I said, they will still conduct themselves as they do currently.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at American Greetings

Pros

Flexible hours.
    Fair time off when it comes to family
    There are a lot of good people to learn from
    Starbucks on site

Cons

Hard to get senior management to change their thinking
    Often times egos get in the way of progress
    Management needs to allow more autonomy

Trust your teams and don't over estimate your own ideas. Allow employees autonomy to make decisions and be accountable for their actions.

There are newer employer reviews for American Greetings