American Greetings
corporate.americangreetings.com Cleveland, OH 5000+ Employees

Pay is decent -- it's hard work but it's a job.

Gen, Factory Worker (Current Employee)
Danville, KY

I have been working at American Greetings

ProsOne of the positive things about AG is the pay -- for the Danville area it's pretty decent. Another good aspect is that you are off on weekends, there are opportunities to go home without it counting against you (when work is slow) and there are seasonal opportunities for overtime. I also like that it may be a factory but it's an 8 hr. position. Other factories here all have 12 hr. shifts.

ConsManagement is mediocre -- they are very strict and claim they do not play favorites but there is clear nepitism in some cases. It is factory work -- I was hired in 2007 and can tell that it is wearing on my body. I do not know how much longer my body can keep up with the work. Another negative is that all new hires start on 2nd shift -- it isn't for everyone. I have a small child and I don't get a lot of family time because of the awkward shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice for them -- it wouldn't matter what I said, they will still conduct themselves as they do currently.

Cleveland, OH

I have been working at American Greetings

Pros: Flexible hours. Fair time off when it comes to family There are… Cons: Hard to get senior management to change their thinking Often times egos… Advice to Senior Management: Trust your teams and don't over estimate your own ideas. Allow… More

Was very happy here until the last couple of years

Merchant (Current Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I have been working at American Greetings

Pros: For the first time in a decade, a clear corporate… Cons: Uncertainty about future location of headquarters is disturbing Management says they want to empower… Advice to Senior Management: Walk the walk Open up senior ranks to more women and… More

There are newer reviews on American Greetings.

Worked for American Greetings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Greetings reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Greetings CEO Zev Weiss. All reviews posted anonymously by American Greetings employees.