American Greetings

corporate.americangreetings.com
  corporate.americangreetings.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Greetings

a fun work environment when their is work to do, sometimes slow.

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor in High Point, NC
Former Employee - Floor Supervisor in High Point, NC

I worked at American Greetings

Pros

i was promoted rather quickly. easy to learn most of your duties. management team was excellent. flexible work schedule if you need time off. annual vacation alotted to you.

Cons

low hours when not busy. time crawls when your to do list is done. secret shoppers can easily not be honest about their experience.

i have no advice for management, they were great.

210 Other Employee Reviews for American Greetings (View Most Recent)

Working a very physical job that provides only seasonal employment.

Current Employee - Press Operator in Greeneville, TN
    Current Employee - Press Operator in Greeneville, TN

I have been working at American Greetings

Pros

It's one of the top paying factories in my county. We have a company paid union pension which makes retirement possible. Associates get along well and form strong bonds. In general the supervisors are good people and take up for their people.

Cons

Very skilled employees are laid off 3 to 4 months of the year, without insurance coverage when laid off. Almost no chance of promotion, regardless of skill or education. Entry level managers are usually friends and/or family of upper management.

Take a good look at the people available on the floor before choosing supervisors.

It should be so much better

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at American Greetings

Pros

I work with so many great people. There are few place in northeast Ohio packed with so many great minds to collaborate with.

Cons

The downside is that as a subsidiary of a major public company, we have the politics of a major public company.

Personal agendas and perceptions get in the way of real progress all too often. Assumptions about how ideas have been implemented in the past affect current perceptions too greatly without enough consideration of how the idea is being recast.

There are newer employer reviews for American Greetings