American Heart Association
www.heart.org Dallas, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to work

ProsVery meaningful mission
Good benefits
Management strives to keep AHA relevant and progressive and focused on obtaining the mission
Dedicated staff

ConsUpper management needs to take a stand that every program idea is not worth investing staff time and donor dollars in. We dont want to waste a single dollar on ideas that don't move AHA toward the mission. Staff end up working on efforts that don't give results over and over again. It gets disheartening.
Its a non profit. Don't expect to get rich working at AHA. If money is your driver, work somewhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold sr execs responsible for projects that don't pay off for AHA over and over again. Any dollar spent should be judged by the question: will this reduce cardiovascular disease or stroke and by how much.

AHA sucks the life out of you

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Heart Association

Pros: Wonderful volunteers Good benefits and vacation Cons: Bad management Toxic culture Lousy staff morale AHA is like a bad episode of Project Runaway - you're either "in" or… Advice to Senior Management: Really?! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

You'll never BE enough, DO enough or FEEL good enough about your job! HORRIBLE culture and AWFUL working environment!

Executive Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Heart Association

Pros: Raising money to save lives is rewarding Meeting survivors Connecting with supportive… Cons: Zero work/life balance HUGE egos running the organization Angry/bitter managers who forget why the organization is raising money Employees constantly berated for what… Advice to Senior Management: Appreciate the effort, dedication and commitment of staff Quit coming down on staff for outcomes far out of their control Exercise compassion and understanding Understand that managing means… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on American Heart Association.

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Heart Association reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Heart Association CEO Nancy A. Brown. All reviews posted anonymously by American Heart Association employees.