American Heart Association
www.heart.org Dallas, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Does great work, but was overworked

Dallas, TX

I have been working at American Heart Association full-time for more than 8 years

ProsYou are helping save lives. There are many departments that allow work from home. There are very talented people working there, many of whom have been there for a long time. Depending on the role, it could be very satisfying. The interview process consists of very long interviews, so be prepared.

ConsThe hours! The workload was never ending and frankly unreasonable. There was no bonuses during my last 2 years due to the economy, and you are reviewed constantly (bi-annually, plus peer reviews, 360 reviews). The workload was due to never ending, understaffed projects.

Great Volunteering Experience

Volunteer (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at American Heart Association as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Had option to do administrative work or go out in the field for project based work. Volunteering hours… Cons: Since this was a volunteer experience, there was no pay. Advice to Senior Management: Hold the hands of volunteers a bit more in project… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Sorority Gone Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at American Heart Association full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Best volunteers to work with. Cons: Management is a group of sorority women who are deeply insecure… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the Executive Directors and VP's who only… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on American Heart Association.

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Heart Association reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Heart Association CEO Nancy A. Brown. All reviews posted anonymously by American Heart Association employees.