There are newer employer reviews for American Heart Association

Good mission but hard to stay inspired

Former Employee - Heart Walk Director
Former Employee - Heart Walk Director

I worked at American Heart Association full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you work hard, you will be quickly promoted and the pay is relatively competitive for a non-profit. This is a great job for someone early in their career that is looking to improve their title and able to live with mediocre pay (hey, it is still a non-profit). This is also the most corporate-style non-profit that I have worked with. If you like structure, this is a good option.

Cons

They will work you ragged so your passion for the mission dwindles. There is a lot of turn-over and the office culture can be a bit catty.

221 Other Employee Reviews for American Heart Association (View Most Recent)

The WORST ORGANIZATION I've EVER worked for

I worked at American Heart Association full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Hours of 37.5 and getting paid for 40, if you can manage to work less than 50 a week and not be criticized constantly. The office does close for 2 weeks in the winter though you are expected to work. This is across all departments so I guess it's not really a pro per say.

Cons

Management is terrible. No one cares about you as a person and you are simply a number. I have seen them fire hard working management who have been here 10 plus years simply because they didn't play in the sandbox and treat their employees like total dog meat.

Take value in your employees and volunteers before someone that matters gets tired of it.

Administrative Assitant

Current Employee - Administrative Associate
    Current Employee - Administrative Associate

I have been working at American Heart Association full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great health benefits and a lot of paid time off. The mission is powerful and you're able to feel good about your work.

Cons

Administrative associates in the Midwest affliates are thought of as second class citizens. It is possible for very few associates to be promoted. Even then, you're still treated as an administrative associate.

There are newer employer reviews for American Heart Association

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!