American Heart Association

www.heart.org
There are newer employer reviews for American Heart Association

review

I have been working at American Heart Association

Pros

worthy cause for health care

Cons

doesn't pay very much in salaries

pay more

229 Other Employee Reviews for American Heart Association (View Most Recent)

Best place for a rewarding career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at American Heart Association full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for the AHA for many years and have always been challenged and felt like my work contributed to the betterment of society. I have always been impressed with the commitment to the mission by the organization, staff and volunteers.

Cons

As with any non-profit, there is always more work to be done then there is resources to accomplish the work but the AHA values its employees. The employee is in the drivers seat of determining their own appropriate work life balance.

Stressful and Unprofessional

Current Employee - Fundraising Director in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Fundraising Director in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at American Heart Association full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to visit Austin, Texas for your New Employee Orientation. The main office is very nice and huge, new and modern furniture and very nice area.

Managers are rarely around which is a good thing. Several managers, VP's and SVP's and even the Affiliate EVP work from home.

Cons

Management "works from home or out of state". They are not responsible for their areas or when something goes wrong it’s blamed on the “little people”. They are paid inflated salaries for having little or no responsibility. Management Skills are non-existent - skills such as people, organizational, leadership and forget about ethics, professionalism or dependability. Managers and VP's and SVP's operate with a "Mean Girl" mentality. Behavior that is unacceptable is considered the “Norm”.
    I have seen Good people leave or be fired within 30 days of employment. Turnover is through the roof. Employees who stand up to management are with terminated or forced to leave and later talked about as "Disgruntled Employees" even though the manager is the common denominator. If you are unable to cope with what should be unacceptable behavior or attempt to stand up for yourself, you will be either out of a job or forced to leave. I have witnessed this too many times and I have seen Great Employees leave this organization due to bullying.

Management needs to be reviewed by the ethics department. Donor dollars are being wasted by individuals with a "Mean Girl" agenda. It's not productive and the expense of turnover is wasting money that could be going towards Heart Disease. Spending by managers is frivolous and needs to be monitored.

There are newer employer reviews for American Heart Association