American Heart Association
www.heart.org Dallas, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

A great place to work overall

I have been working at American Heart Association full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBeing able to work for a mission that impacts many people versus making a dollar to make someone richer. Excellent benefits. For being a non profit, we have great technology resources. Good work life balance with flexibility in schedule.

ConsThe AHA can be at times an act first think later organization. There is much reporting done and the process in collecting the information can feel at times like micro management.

If you are ambitious, driven, and have high integrity, don't work here

Director (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at American Heart Association full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Not sure there are any pros other than it SOUNDS like it would be an admirable place to work. Oh, and if you just… Cons: Politics far more important than intelligence. Care more about power & control than truly changing lives. Care more about money for top execs… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to your ratings---they are low for a reason. Not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a good place to work at.....

Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at American Heart Association full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great Mission : To Save Lives Good Benefits Cons: Definitely no work life balance. Very Poor Leadership and Management. Litlle or no career advancement. Upper Management and Middle Management on a whole is very… Advice to Senior Management: Need to hire competent and professional Managers. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on American Heart Association.

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Heart Association reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Heart Association CEO Nancy A. Brown. All reviews posted anonymously by American Heart Association employees.