There are newer employer reviews for American Heart Association

Senior Director of Executive Communications & Operations, SWA

Current Employee - Senior Director of Executive Communications & Operations, SWA  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Director of Executive Communications & Operations, SWA in Dallas, TX

I have been working at American Heart Association full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone speaks to the mission of the American Heart Association, but I want to speak to the organization as a place for career growth. When I applied for the position with the AHA I was pleasantly surprised and excited by the opportunities for growth in my career. I came from a government/corporate environment and had no idea that a nonprofit like the AHA was at the top of the game in terms of communications, operations, strategy and development.

If you are looking for a position that offers challenges, problem solving, world-class event planning and an honorable mission then the AHA would be a good fit for you. There are times and programs that experience a busy season, however I am accustomed a fast-paced, idea-oriented atmosphere.

Also, working for the AHA really makes you access your own personal health, which is a great thing.

Cons

When I started everyone told me that there is a generous learning curve. I can say that is true. It will be frustrating 2,3,4,5 or even 8 months in and still not feel you know all the programs, events and sales streams.

I will have to think of advice to share once I have had an opportunity to learn more.
I know there is some advice I could offer, but like I said, we have a wide learning curve.

216 Other Employee Reviews for American Heart Association (View Most Recent)

There are newer employer reviews for American Heart Association

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!