American Heart Association
www.heart.org Dallas, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Senior Director of Executive Communications & Operations, SWA

Senior Director of Executive Communications & Operations, SWA (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

ProsEveryone speaks to the mission of the American Heart Association, but I want to speak to the organization as a place for career growth. When I applied for the position with the AHA I was pleasantly surprised and excited by the opportunities for growth in my career. I came from a government/corporate environment and had no idea that a nonprofit like the AHA was at the top of the game in terms of communications, operations, strategy and development.

If you are looking for a position that offers challenges, problem solving, world-class event planning and an honorable mission then the AHA would be a good fit for you. There are times and programs that experience a busy season, however I am accustomed a fast-paced, idea-oriented atmosphere.

Also, working for the AHA really makes you access your own personal health, which is a great thing.

ConsWhen I started everyone told me that there is a generous learning curve. I can say that is true. It will be frustrating 2,3,4,5 or even 8 months in and still not feel you know all the programs, events and sales streams.

Advice to Senior ManagementI will have to think of advice to share once I have had an opportunity to learn more.
I know there is some advice I could offer, but like I said, we have a wide learning curve.

There are newer reviews on American Heart Association.

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Heart Association reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Heart Association CEO Nancy A. Brown. All reviews posted anonymously by American Heart Association employees.