American Heart Association

www.heart.org
  www.heart.org
There are newer employer reviews for American Heart Association

Senior Director of Executive Communications & Operations, SWA

Current Employee - Senior Director of Executive Communications & Operations, SWA in Dallas, TX

I have been working at American Heart Association full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone speaks to the mission of the American Heart Association, but I want to speak to the organization as a place for career growth. When I applied for the position with the AHA I was pleasantly surprised and excited by the opportunities for growth in my career. I came from a government/corporate environment and had no idea that a nonprofit like the AHA was at the top of the game in terms of communications, operations, strategy and development.

If you are looking for a position that offers challenges, problem solving, world-class event planning and an honorable mission then the AHA would be a good fit for you. There are times and programs that experience a busy season, however I am accustomed a fast-paced, idea-oriented atmosphere.

Also, working for the AHA really makes you access your own personal health, which is a great thing.

Cons

When I started everyone told me that there is a generous learning curve. I can say that is true. It will be frustrating 2,3,4,5 or even 8 months in and still not feel you know all the programs, events and sales streams.

I will have to think of advice to share once I have had an opportunity to learn more.
I know there is some advice I could offer, but like I said, we have a wide learning curve.

225 Other Employee Reviews for American Heart Association (View Most Recent)

There are newer employer reviews for American Heart Association