American Heart Association
www.heart.org Dallas, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Donors are a number

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at American Heart Association full-time for less than a year

ProsI worked at AHA for a total of 60 days and it was the worst example of true fundraising I've ever seen. I met some great people who truly care about the mission.

ConsDonors are a number and it makes people feel squicky.I had this "boss" who was ridiculous, talking about her drunken escapades and being overall unprofessional. Then this "boss" was placed on "stress leave" for a month. Now it's another month or two, and although I'm not there anymore, its annoying that the boss is posting all over Facebook about her vacation. Her stress is really a welcome thing for the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake note in how quick your development turnover is. Pay attention to what the little people are telling you.

Horrible, Abusive, Neglectful Situation - Don't Work Here Unless You're Desperate to Fail

Dallas, TX

I have been working at American Heart Association full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Benefits are good; PTO is good; week off between Christmas… Cons: Low, low, LOW pay, no rewards no matter how hard you work. In general, if you don't mind being berated publicly for mistakes, having… Advice to Senior Management: Grow up! Get rid of people you think hung the moon! They didn't. AHA is not supposed to be about the "bottom… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

This is a one of a kind organization. If you want to work for an organziation that has a true mission -> Work Here

I have been working at American Heart Association

Pros: The people, the purpose, the creativity, the sense of accomplishment when you finish projects. The flexible work… Cons: Some politics but for the most part nothing Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on American Heart Association.

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Heart Association reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Heart Association CEO Nancy A. Brown. All reviews posted anonymously by American Heart Association employees.