American Heart Association

www.heart.org
  www.heart.org
There are newer employer reviews for American Heart Association

Too much going on at once!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

I have been working at American Heart Association full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Extreme flexibility
Work/life balance (if you take advantage of it)
Good compensation for a non-profit organization

Cons

Training is non-existent
Unorganized leadership
Overworked employees

Consider better management and more resources for employees.

228 Other Employee Reviews for American Heart Association (View Most Recent)

I love it.

Current Employee - Community Blood Pressure Coordinator in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Community Blood Pressure Coordinator in Hartford, CT

I have been working at American Heart Association (more than an year)

Pros

Helping people and reducing heart disease.

Cons

Compensation is a little bit less than I would like.

N/a

At first working at American Heart Association is one of the best things that I have ever decided, but THE WORST.

I worked at American Heart Association

Pros

A few GENUINE employees that I have met and been introduced and I literally didn't work under them (wish had more opportunity to collaborate).

Cons

The worst. They make you feel under appreciated to the maximum. In the end, once they are done with the event and money has been raised, they don't give a $%!#. To this day, I still didn't understand, the people that I worked VERY closely with...still didn't seem to say "THANK YOU" GENUINELY and APPRECIATE for what you do overall. Would you want to work for a company like that? Past Reviews say it all...

It is really sad when I was personally PASSIONATE about working for this company and trying to GROW long term and the fact that I have been personally dealt with Heart Disease and come from a family of Cardiologists and still treat me UNJUST on a professional level makes me SICK and personally gives me "heart palpitations". I have worked for other non-profits before but AHA is the worst particularly in this division demographically. No punt intended but there are other non-profits that really are great around the world and how can you tell..."VOLUNTEER DRIVEN"...on a side note.

Advice? Hmmm...

1. What do you VALUE? You may have a mission statement, but what are your "values" in your company?
    2. It's not just Who you know...but also "what you know". THINK about it.
    3. MANAGE your employees overall. If you are a full time employee, part time employee, or a temporary employee or just a contract employee. Treat your employees as you would treat your best customers. Maybe working for a non-profit company would make life just a little easier, right?
    4. Culture - Whats good for the company and for the customers and your donors come TOGETHER and they all become the driving force behind your mission/vision/goals and aspirations of the company. Keep on talking, but ACTION speak louder than words.

There are newer employer reviews for American Heart Association