American Honda

www.honda.com

Rat in a very hot maze with no cheese at the end just the demand to go faster.

Stock Material Handler (Current Employee)

ProsThey Pay you well for the area they are in. But Honda looks for areas that are not doing well so they don't have to worry about unions coming in. Benefits are good also.

ConsVery hot in the summer no air conditioning. It will now be very cold in the winter because they turned off the heaters to save money. All the people that make the decisions work in well air conditioned and heated offices. If we need to save money than they should turn that off also. You now have to work to a standard and your results are tracked on a board for everyone to see. If you are not making the standard you are threatened with termination. There is no promotion. If you are rare enough to get hired you must plan on being on the night shift for at least 20 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Reward them for doing well. create promotional opportunities at the part centers. Make it easier to move to a better shift.

great secure place to work but opportunities are limited to move up quickly

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Honda

Pros: people are nice and easy going, willingness to share information, security, vacation,… Cons: complacent hr, it is extremely rare that any associates ever get fired. even for incompetence. its a vicious cycle because mgmt doesnt bother disciplining staff… Advice to Senior Management: hold your staff accountable! fire the incompetent and hire the ones that really deserve it. need more support and focus on higher education. if u… More

Conservative, nice enviornment

Computer Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

I have been working at American Honda as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: I had a lot of freedom to work on my own projects with little management unless I asked for it. Everyone was nice there.… Cons: There were no real cons working here besides the fact… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Honda.

Worked for American Honda? Contribute to the Community!