There are newer employer reviews for American Honda

Conservative, nice enviornment

Current Employee - Computer Systems Administrator  in  Torrance, CA
Current Employee - Computer Systems Administrator in Torrance, CA

I have been working at American Honda as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I had a lot of freedom to work on my own projects with little management unless I asked for it. Everyone was nice there. Honda campus was beautiful and had many features such as a gym and sports fields. People were friendly and nice. There were a lot of security issues so you were given a code to access only certain rooms. The security actually made the job more exciting. I was allowed to go in certain rooms to work on the computers that I was maintaining but they had to have guards there with me so I wouldn't look at classified projects. It didn't interfere with my work but it was fun to go through that process.

Cons

There were no real cons working here besides the fact that it was quiet and conservative.

12 Other Employee Reviews for American Honda (View Most Recent)

It's good company to work with for long term.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Torrance, CA

I have been working at American Honda

Pros

Original intention is to keep people long term if possible, but sometime the economic situation changes everything.

Cons

Hired lots of contractors, even they are actually doing the long term job.

Strong automotive company!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I worked at American Honda

Pros

Stability, excellent benefits. Key assignments with high visibility once you've proven your abilities. "Undiscovered jewels" of associates - high talented but untapped resource. You experience the talent almost by accident when you are working with associates on multiple projects. A fantastic company philosophy. Hindsight is 20/20... Mr. Amamiya made several wise decisions that paid off in today's economy.

Cons

Limited growth (flat organization), favoritism, high tolerance for mediocre work by a significant portion of associates. Lack of a reward system for high performers/high potential employees. The true essence of the company philosophy seems to have gotten lost/been forgotten/pushed aside in the last 5-6 years.

Take a hard, objective look at those who are in key leadership roles, including those who are in "unofficial" leadership position. Leadership not management roles. There is a difference between the two. Ask if these associates should truly be in their current roles. If they do, great. If not, have the courage to make a change and identify the right talent, internal or external. Great leadership can cause great transformations. Poor leadership can destroy a corporation.

"Leadership is not a magnetic personality, that can just as well be a glib tongue. It is not "making friends and influencing people", that is flattery. Leadership is lifting a person's vision to higher sights, the raising of a person's performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations."
    — Peter F. Drucker

There are newer employer reviews for American Honda

Worked for American Honda? Contribute to the Community!