American Hospitality Academy

www.americanhospitalityacademy.com
  www.americanhospitalityacademy.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Hospitality Academy

I did not receive the professional experience I had hope for but had an enjoyable time.

Former Employee - Intern  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
Former Employee - Intern in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at American Hospitality Academy

Pros

The pros to AHA is the cultural exchange opportunities. You are able to meet, work with, and live with people from all over the world. The work environment is very laid back and the resorts activities position is very easy to acquire and succeed in. It is a very fun, hands on, and active job.

Cons

The cons of AHA is that resorts interns are very unfulfilled when it comes to professional advancement. The increase in the knowledge of the industry is not to the level that many interns expect when finishing the program. The pay is also low for a 40 hour week but it is livable.

I believe interns would be much more fulfilled if they are given more learning opportunities through more interaction with resort management.

3 Other Employee Reviews for American Hospitality Academy (View Most Recent)

Not a professional internship.

Former Employee - Activities Intern  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
    Former Employee - Activities Intern in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at American Hospitality Academy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The program is international so you get to meet people from all over the world. Living in Myrtle Beach and working on the beach was fun, but could be exhausting.
    Increased my public speaking skills. I had to promote activities to crowds of 50+ people.

Cons

40 hour work weeks for $100/week... I worked alone at a resort and the job is very physical. Set up and tear down of your activities equipment can be rough. Worked around kids all day. I took the internship thinking I would get event planning experience, but that is not the case at all. The intern description was not parallel with the work.

Give interns more responsibility. Make the internship more challenging.

I did not receive the training that I am expecting. VERY DISAPPOINTED

I worked at American Hospitality Academy as an intern for less than a year

Pros

They have a good partnership with big hotel and resort chains in the USA. You will have a chance to get to work with different people around the world. Meeting new colleagues and sharing different cultures is fun.

Cons

When you are already placed in a specific host property where you will have your internship it's as if they do not care anymore. They don't care if you have been given the right training/hours of work/salary, etc.. They can't even help you find another place to continue your internship because the first one they gave is a failure.

Please make sure that you will place your students and interns on the property where they will have a very good training. Low pay is really not an issue at all if you are getting an outstanding training. Please be very specific of the contract the you give your students, make sure that what's in the contract is being implemented properly and timely. Students applied for the internship not just for the money but for the experience and training that they are expecting to get from the hotel. If the hotel can't give what is in the training plan then you have to make some actions no matter how long is your partnership with that property. AHA should give priority on their students because they pay A LOT just to have a good training.

There are newer employer reviews for American Hospitality Academy

Worked for American Hospitality Academy? Contribute to the Community!