American Hospitality Academy

www.americanhospitalityacademy.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for American Hospitality Academy

I did not receive the professional experience I had hope for but had an enjoyable time.

Former Employee - Intern in Myrtle Beach, SC
Former Employee - Intern in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at American Hospitality Academy

Pros

The pros to AHA is the cultural exchange opportunities. You are able to meet, work with, and live with people from all over the world. The work environment is very laid back and the resorts activities position is very easy to acquire and succeed in. It is a very fun, hands on, and active job.

Cons

The cons of AHA is that resorts interns are very unfulfilled when it comes to professional advancement. The increase in the knowledge of the industry is not to the level that many interns expect when finishing the program. The pay is also low for a 40 hour week but it is livable.

Advice to Management

I believe interns would be much more fulfilled if they are given more learning opportunities through more interaction with resort management.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I did not receive the training that I am expecting. VERY DISAPPOINTED

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at American Hospitality Academy as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a good partnership with big hotel and resort chains in the USA. You will have a chance to get to work with different people around the world. Meeting new colleagues and sharing different cultures is fun.

Cons

When you are already placed in a specific host property where you will have your internship it's as if they do not care anymore. They don't care if you have been given the right training/hours of work/salary, etc.. They can't even help you find another place to continue your internship because the first one they gave is a failure.

Advice to Management

Please make sure that you will place your students and interns on the property where they will have a very good training. Low pay is really not an issue at all if you are getting an outstanding training. Please be very specific of the contract the you give your students, make sure that what's in the contract is being implemented properly and timely. Students applied for the internship not just for the money but for the experience and training that they are expecting to get from the hotel. If the hotel can't give what is in the training plan then you have to make some actions no matter how long is your partnership with that property. AHA should give priority on their students because they pay A LOT just to have a good training.

2. Great Internship Program

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at American Hospitality Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was a great experience for me. I was able to connect with students from all around the world. There were many other international interns at the property I was placed at. I really appreciated learning about others cultures while learning about the American way at the same time. My property was incredible and helped me learn every aspect of the Food and Beverage industry. I learned great skills in my internship and know I will be successful in my home country. I would recommend this to everyone.

Cons

I wish I could have stayed longer.