American Hospitality Academy

www.americanhospitalityacademy.com

I did not receive the professional experience I had hope for but had an enjoyable time.

Intern (Former Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC

ProsThe pros to AHA is the cultural exchange opportunities. You are able to meet, work with, and live with people from all over the world. The work environment is very laid back and the resorts activities position is very easy to acquire and succeed in. It is a very fun, hands on, and active job.

ConsThe cons of AHA is that resorts interns are very unfulfilled when it comes to professional advancement. The increase in the knowledge of the industry is not to the level that many interns expect when finishing the program. The pay is also low for a 40 hour week but it is livable.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe interns would be much more fulfilled if they are given more learning opportunities through more interaction with resort management.

Not a professional internship.

Activities Intern (Former Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at American Hospitality Academy full-time for less than a year

Pros: The program is international so you get to meet people from all over the world. Living in Myrtle Beach and working on… Cons: 40 hour work weeks for $100/week... I worked alone at a resort and the job is very physical. Set up and tear down of your… Advice to Senior Management: Give interns more responsibility. Make the internship more challenging. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I did not receive the training that I am expecting. VERY DISAPPOINTED

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at American Hospitality Academy as an intern for less than a year

Pros: They have a good partnership with big hotel and resort chains in the USA. You will have a chance… Cons: When you are already placed in a specific host property where you will have your internship it's as if they do not care anymore. They… Advice to Senior Management: Please make sure that you will place your students and interns on the property where they will have a very good training. Low pay is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Hospitality Academy.

Worked for American Hospitality Academy? Contribute to the Community!