Working in the insurance industry has its drawbacks

Former Employee - Sales Agent  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Sales Agent in San Diego, CA

I worked at American Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited potential for earning a salary if you are willing to put in long hours.

Cons

Trying to work leads, while hiding the fact that you are selling life insurance until your presentation. During the presentation having to say what ever it takes to make the sale.

Other Reviews for American Income Life

One word, dissappointing......

Former Employee - Career Agent  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Career Agent in Little Rock, AR

I worked at American Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Weekly pay option, bonuses, freedom.

Cons

They make things seem as if things would be easy! What they don't tell you is that you 3-4 hours or more on the phone for call night to set up you schedule. You pretty much work 6 days. There's a lot of people that have insufficient funds or give you a bogus account number and you don't find out about it until you go to get your check or wait on it to post and you they tell you that you're not getting paid because of ABC. I hated it and felt so good the day I quit.

Support your team, stand by them and make sure that they are running there MRO and living the lifestyle you promise them.

Be careful.

Former Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Atco, NJ
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Atco, NJ

I worked at American Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company as a whole seems to be a pretty good company. If you live in the right area, you may be able to make a lot of money.

Cons

If you live in the wrong area or if you do not have a good managment team you will lose money. You are suppose to start making money after 2-3 weeks. Three of my co-workers and I, started at the same time and did not see a dime for over two months. It has a large buy in that is not exsplained to you therefor, you have a can end up losing money like we did.

Just be honest. Tell people upfront about the amount of money and time it takes. Dont wait till the last minute to let people know what is going on.

There are newer employer reviews for American Income Life.

Worked for American Income Life? Contribute to the Community!