Benefits Representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Lombard, IL
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lombard, IL

I have been working at American Income Life full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The ability to change someone's life and let them know that they have enrolled into a program that gives them peace of mind for the future and knowing that their spouse/kids are covered and if something happens that financial burden will be gone because of the job we did, that is the most rewarding aspect, next is the money,residual income for life, and trips!

Cons

Having to fight yourself because you create your worth, you determine what your hourly rate is, you choose to work and if you don't then the only one to blame is yourself!

Stay with your agents and field train them properly...each person wants to succeed and if they have the will to work then you should grant them the professionalism to educate them in product knowledge and simplify terms and make sure they are aware of how important it is to take their time!

Other Reviews for American Income Life

I am having a great ride and I'm looking for another 15 years with this company. This is Opportunity Unlimited

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at American Income Life full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

One of the main reasons why I came aboard was the opportunity, the opportunity unlimited that they talk about. It was the ability to get into a Top Level Management position within 6 to 8 months and then really impact families and people that work underneath me, but most of all providing a great opportunity for myself and my family.
    Right now is the best time to come aboard with this amazing company. Public Relations doing what they need to do, the bonuses and the income potential, I can't think of a better place right now than being with National Income Life Insurance in New York and of course with The Pappas Agency!
    We are doing more promotions than ever before, we ended up 2011 with over 90% in growth. You can earn lifetime renewals which allows you to retire in 10 years and live on that renewal income for the rest of your life.
    I am having a great ride and I'm looking for another 10 to 15 years with this company. This opportunity is Opportunity Unlimited.

Cons

We need self motivated individuals that WANT to accomplish big things in life.

Always offer advice to anyone who plans to join the NILICO family: “Go for it and hold on for the ride. Nothing worthwhile in life is easy, but a career with AIL/NILICO is not only financially rewarding but personally rewarding as well.” As of 2012, his Agency was one of the top 10 Agencies in the Company in growth. But who knows what the future has in store.

Avoid like the plague

Former Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Worcester, MA

I worked at American Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you stay long enough you may earn slightly above the poverty line.

Cons

Having been in insurance for 6 years, AIL is a totally outmoded company. It is disparaged frequently by others in the business as the lowest form of life insurance sales. The sales training is outdated and the life products they provide are also the most dated and least equitable in the business.

Once the unions are gone will have to join the modern business world; Start soon.

There are newer employer reviews for American Income Life.

Worked for American Income Life? Contribute to the Community!