There are newer employer reviews for American Income Life

Advanced Training for Sales and Insurance.

Former Contractor - Insurance Agent
Former Contractor - Insurance Agent

I worked at American Income Life as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly competitive commission rate (best I have seen), and great Bonus Incentives.

Cons

Less time with family than desired, more time spent booking than making money running appointments, and presentations.

Advice to Management

Incorporate a Schedule Master at each office into the program. So Agents can take a reduced commission(6-9%) paid to Schedule Master for the ability to wake up and collect a schedule via-email with a booked appointments in the hours the Agents want to work. If that was available Agents could focus on presentations and production. With appointments being booked while the Agents in Presentations.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

great pay if you work your bum off!

I worked at American Income Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

positive atmosphere, everyone willing to help. have to be very self motivated and sufficient to achieve great success.

Cons

long hours. a lot of driving a lot of miles. unless u have leads all in the same area

Advice to Management

more understanding that not everyone learns the same way and some people need extra guidence

AIL Entry Level Sales

Current Employee - Life Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Life Insurance Agent

I have been working at American Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First of all 90% of the reviews you find about AIL on places like indeed.com and things like that, are written by weak minded people who cannot thrive in a head strong business, first of all, this is not a 9am - 9pm 7 day a week job, if you suck and can't get your numbers in than yes, it turns into that, but if your STRONG, POSITIVE, AMBITIOUS, and you can SIT AND TALK WITH PEOPLE AND BUILD A RELATOINSHIP, than this is an incredible job for you, its all about getting your work done, The top producer in my agency does 3 appointments a week and murders everybody on the leader board who is doing 15 presentations a week, if you don't have appointments, you book in the mornings on the phone on YOUR time, if you didn't book any, you go knock on UNION LEAD DOORS! this is not a cold calling thing, it hot leads and warm leads, yes you need your own computer, your own car and your own start up money, but look at it like this, this company gives so many people a shot at the business because they are trying to find that ONE person out of a group of 20 that will climb their way to the top, so if they paid for all these things, they would go bankrupt! YOU WRITE YOUR PAYCHECK! as long as you remember that you will be fine, this is a go getter, head strong, high will power, great with stress kind of job, if you can't deal with those things, go flip burgers, but if you want a possible, and achievable 6 figure income, TRY IT! but again, its high stress, high intensity, your own money and vehicle and supplies, but give it ONE week after your numbers come in and you will get paid as long as you bury your head into the test material, the test itself, and your in house classes on the business and you leads! if you have a shitty manager and you feel like you have a better shot under someone else, talk to your MGA about it, most likely they will move you under different management with no hard feelings, I love my office, I love my co workers, I love my bosses and my owners, and I love the pay, Im here for my family and AIL is giving me everything I have ever dreamed of, so DONT listen to those bad reviews online, again, they are weak and pissed off employees who couldn't cut it in the business, and I'm a one month sales agent, I'm not management, i haven't been asked to write this, its not a scam, its just a company hiring a CRAP TON of people so they can find the few who really stand out. I hope this helped.

Cons

Sometimes you get angry clients on the phone, but thats it, forget about it and grab the next lead and soldier through

Advice to Management

Y'all are doing GREAT!