American Institutes for Research
www.air.org Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

In the two years I worked there, I never met anyone who respected the top management.

Research Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsThe research projects are engaging, valuable, and interesting.

ConsI worked for a manager who demeaned and criticized her employees in front of the client. She was astonishingly abusive and unprofessional. Several of us complained to HR, but HR seemed to be under pressure to stand behind the manager because she brought in big projects. Her department became a revolving door for new employees who worked for as short a period as possible. We tried to stay for three years so as not to harm our work histories. However,most of us couldn't stick it out for more than a year. It was that bad! I personally knew five people who were traumatized by the whole experience and were upset even after they left because they knew they would never get a good letter of recommendation from the manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers have to be good people as well as fine researchers and project managers. It's not wise to protect abusive managers, and it certainly is not fair or humane.

Great benefits, and some projects great. No career support, and little appreciation of existing assets.

I have been working at American Institutes for Research

Pros: Opportunity to work on projects that could make the world… Cons: No career support, little opportunity to grow, constant pressure to… Advice to Senior Management: David Myers is still fairly new, may have opportunity to prove himself. Suggest… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Pretty good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at American Institutes for Research

Pros: Laid back culture; dress is business casual, and the work… Cons: There's a definite PhD/non-PhD divide. Also, the salaries are low at… Advice to Senior Management: If you pay more you'll be able to get better people.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Institutes for Research.

Worked for American Institutes for Research? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Institutes for Research reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Institutes for Research CEO David Myers. All reviews posted anonymously by American Institutes for Research employees.