American Institutes for Research

www.air.org

Non-profit-level pay for hard work

Research Associate (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGood benefits, multitude of topical areas and expertise, casual dress code, terrific HR team, great on-boarding experience, positive experience with direct manager, interactive wellness and activity programs. Overall positive experience but not a long-term career place for me personally.

ConsMediocre pay, little to no recognition for going above and beyond (in hours, workload, or effort). Little support for transitioning out of your level or to another program or position. Too much focus on PhD work and little valuation for experience earned. Often too specialized to allow for generalists in certain fields.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your lower-level staff to get a pulse on staff morale. Tap into the solid talent which exists at every level of the company.

Mid-level

Research Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Institutes for Research full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The benefits package they offer is excellent. Cons: I have worked at AIR more than 5 years without a promotion. Your worth as an employee is soley determined by your degree. Company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Software Engineer

I have been working at American Institutes for Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: flexible working time, working from home, intelligent colleagues Cons: lack of objective criteria for performance review. way to… More

There are newer reviews on American Institutes for Research.

Worked for American Institutes for Research? Contribute to the Community!