American Institutes for Research
www.air.org Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

A good first job but kind of boring.

Research Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsFor a first "real" job, I felt I had great pay and benefits and some substantial work. I was glad to be working a full-time job when so many friends could only find internships. My manager got me on a lot of different project tasks and was certainly interested in my professional development.

ConsThe day-to-day job functions can be pretty boring: entering survey data, filling out spreadsheets, etc. In general, I rarely felt intellectually challenged by my work.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntroduce research assistants to project design early on so they have a better idea of how their work contributes to the bigger picture.

Excellent non-profit organization in educational software and services

Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

I worked at American Institutes for Research as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Flexible working time Small-sized office room with no more than three persons, giving a very… Cons: Part of the work is related to research and therefore, sometimes yields… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Statistician

Statistician (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at American Institutes for Research full-time

Pros: nice group and great working environment Cons: located in Georgetown, the commute may be a problem More
There are newer reviews on American Institutes for Research.

Worked for American Institutes for Research? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Institutes for Research reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Institutes for Research CEO David Myers. All reviews posted anonymously by American Institutes for Research employees.