There are newer employer reviews for American Institutes for Research

Great place to work.

I have been working at American Institutes for Research

Pros

All around great working environment. The people for the most part enjoy their work and are very welcoming. I would recommend working here.

Cons

Some departments are more over worked than others.

Balance the workload between departments or hire more people.

99 Other Employee Reviews for American Institutes for Research (View Most Recent)

Great day to day, problematic supervisor interactions.

I worked at American Institutes for Research as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers and environment. Good flexibility. Generous company supported outings and break room amenities. Dedicated green team. Bagel Wednesdays. Good location. Makes efforts to be more bike-friendly.

Cons

In facilities, micro-managing from supervisor combined with little to no feedback from supervisor when issues that required their input arose. Received backlash each time I went around or over supervisor from supervisor to resolve outstanding issues, sometimes months old, that could have been moved forward with a simple email response. Co-workers seemed aware of situation when I arrived and all counseled "keep your head down."

When not dealing with outstanding issues of their backlash, was always told I was doing a good job, up to the point my contract was not renewed with no explanation.

Perform reviews on middle management by seeking feedback from those under them.

Rewarding Experience

I have been working at American Institutes for Research as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very skilled content teams, reasonable pay, flexibility

Cons

If upper management does not like you, you will see new hires promoted before you.

Continue to offer training and professional development as opposed to throwing employees into new tasks and then holding them accountable for what they do not know.

There are newer employer reviews for American Institutes for Research