American Journal Experts
www..journalexperts.com Durham, NC 50 to 149 Employees

Stable company that values its employees

Durham, NC

I have been working at American Journal Experts full-time

Pros- Remote work environment but you can go in to the office if you want.
- Everyone is so nice and helpful!
- A job where you truly feel like you're making a measurable difference.
- Management is transparent and really puts themselves out there, allowing for people to hold them accountable for decisions.
- Free food, fridge full of beer and sodas =)
- Wear a t-shirt and jeans. No one is going to judge you. If you dress nice, several people will compliment you.
- Everyone around you is really really smart.

Cons- If you are not a self starter, you'll probably not get anything done. True of any remote work environment I suppose.
- Office wireless is horrible, but they are apparently fixing this one soon.
- Benefits are not as good as if you worked for a corporation.
- No 401K matching yet.
- For a company that has so many young people working for them, there is no gym membership benefit. Pretty much every other Durham company does this. Keep the employees healthy!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, communicate decisions down the ladder earlier, pay someone to clean the fridge so we don't have two week old Indian food in there.

Little pay. Little appreciation of employees.

Contract Editor (Former Employee)

I worked at American Journal Experts as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: - Convenience of working at home - Flexible hours & workload. Your desired weekly workload can be adjusted anytime you log into the company's website. - The… Cons: - Considering all the hours I've poured into these editing assignments, I've calculated that I consistently got paid less than minimum wage (It's not surprising… Advice to Senior Management: I don't think anyone expects to stick around with this job for long. The pay is too dismal. As soon as any of us finds… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent holdover but also great income supplement

Editor (Current Employee)
Durham, NC

I have been working at American Journal Experts as a contractor

Pros: •Endless flexibility in terms of timing and location •Managers really try to work… Cons: •Editing work can sometimes be mindless •It's really necessary to work efficiently for the pay to be worth… Advice to Senior Management: Be more communicative about promotion possibilities. – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on American Journal Experts.

Worked for American Journal Experts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Journal Experts reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by American Journal Experts employees.