There are newer employer reviews for American Laser Skincare

This place has tons of Potential

I have been working at American Laser Skincare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good working environment. New product lines and technologies, some great people to work with and average benefits. Most people are a pleasure to work with. Some are to be avoided. While many people have been with the company for a long time.

Cons

Due to the economy and changes in the industry the company has gone through a lot of change. For the most part the change has been good for the overall health of the company.

Advice to Management

Look at the strengths and weaknesses of the company and focus on that to improve the company. Look at the background and education of the employees to see what they have to offer for the company. Stay within the realm of our expertise.

Other Employee Reviews for American Laser Skincare

Incomprehensible Corporate Dysfunction

Current Employee - Clinic Manager
    Current Employee - Clinic Manager

I have been working at American Laser Skincare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only positive you will find is that their payroll checks don’t bounce. If your career/job goals are so low that your only requirement is to get paid for the hours you work, then you should be okay, at least for the near-term. Keep in mind, if you can’t pressure-sell and hound your current clients to the point of harassment, then you won’t be kept long enough to collect many of those paychecks. Ultimately, if this job will prevent you from being homeless, then you should probably take it. But be warned: don’t stop looking for your next job.

Cons

I too read all of these awful reviews of the company and naively dismissed them (huge mistake) thinking my success at all of my previous jobs would prove that I can achieve more than the person I replaced, that I could sift through the dysfunction and shine like I always have. Well, I was wrong. Your location like most will be a very small staff with virtually no corporate support for leads or new business. In other words, you’re on your own. And by “on your own”, I mean you, as Clinic Manager, you will have to answer the phone (you are also the receptionist), schedule/reschedule patient appointments, manage your small staff, read literally hundreds of pointless emails per day, open and close the office, reconcile the daily numbers and then in those magical four to six hours per day that don’t exist, go door knocking to area businesses to try to siphon off a few of their clients all the while your direct competitors are filling up the airways and internet with advertising and taking up the lion’s share of the viable new clients. That's just a sneak peek into your first day, but guess what, if sounded okay, then ask yourself can you do it six days a week? Can you put up with insanity for 50 hours per week? How about 60? Guess what, it’s the end of the month and you’re below your arbitrary profit goal (artificially inflated) so you need to come in on Sunday too. It’s dysfunction like I’ve never seen and likely will never see again. It’s toxic! Lastly, most of the clinics are run down and there’s no money to fix them, obviously, since they can’t even advertise. Best of luck, hopefully you have other options to consider. If you don’t, my advice is to keep looking because it’s hard to look for another job and interview when you’re working 60 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Threats and bullying combined with overworking your employees won't get you anywhere, long-term.

All they care about is selling, not patient satisfaction

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at American Laser Skincare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay Free laser services Nice coworkers

Cons

All this company wants you to do is sell more. More products, more procedures. They do not care if the patients aren't happy with their current service, they just try to talk them into buying more. Patients pay a lot of money for their procedures, and they are frustrated when they don't work. There is nothing you can do to help them because their procedures don't work! Turnover is high, I went through 3 managers in a year. The first manager was stealing money from patients.