American Marketing and Publishing

www.ampcorporate.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

Growing organzation with advancement opportunities!

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity for advancement based on top performance. Top comepnsation and benefit packages. Freindly and encourging support from all levels of the organzation.

Cons

The first two weeks in the field is the toughest. However, after the two weeks (learing period) everything runs smootly and your on track to success...

reviews filtered by

Amazing job! Hard work pays off!!

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time

Pros

Amazing support and training. If your a hard worker and willing to stick it our through tough times you will be rewarded. The company doesn't want to see you fail. Great benefits. 44 hour weeks with very understanding management. They know how hard you work and reward you.

Cons

Hard work! If you get lazy you'll feel like your job sucks. But it doesn't!! Just work hard and you'll make money. They tell you it's going to be hard. Believe them because it is. But if you stick it out you'll make a ton of money!

Welcome to your new life

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent commission rate with unlimited earning potential
    Fun and supportive upper management
    No-fail sales system put into place. If you've got the time and drive to exceed at this, all of the tools are there for you.

Cons

Minimum 60 hour work weeks
    They say you will be within 30 minutes of home, when I was consistently driving an hour+ to my canvas every day...on that note-- not NEARLY enough compensation for gas/mileage. Within the last 9 months I've put 40k miles on my car total.
    No work/life balance whatsoever. Leave the house by 6:45 every day and home around 7 or well after 8 on golden hours days. SO if you're fine seeing your family for about 5 hours total each WEEK you may love this position. For me, not so much.
    When the day is done in the field, lots of work to be done at home as well. "Home time" isn't home time at all.
    Feel very micromanaged. GPS is monitored non-stop while throughout the day. "Why were you at this place for an hour, calls don't take that long." Well, we are adults and conversations sometimes do take this long to close the sale."
    Argh, my list of frustrations with the structure could go on.

Advice to Management

Don't like the emphasis on being so "family based" and how you need to make balance for your life outside of work when, realistically, there isn't one at all.

There are newer employer reviews for American Marketing and Publishing