American Marketing and Publishing

www.ampcorporate.com
  www.ampcorporate.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

Stay at that job you don't like right now. It will be better than this.

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice Homepages people (you will meet all of them in 2 months time.) Nice to set your own schedule. Outside sales is fun.

Cons

Ask yourself one question: Do I use a phone book? If your answer is no then don't take this job.

??? So what's your 10 year plan look like? Is phonebook marketing the future? This world is TOO fast pace for this product. I wish all of the management the best.

170 Other Employee Reviews for American Marketing and Publishing (View Most Recent)

AWESOME job...lazy people need not apply

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Madison, WI

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time for less than a year

Pros

The management team is amazing. Very supportive environment with lots of room for growth. There is always someone to talk to when you need help or have questions, and the company is great about recognizing employee accomplishments. You really do get what you put in. I love my job--every day is a new adventure!

Cons

It's definitely not a 9-5 job. You have to be willing to put in the work it takes to succeed...but it WILL pay off. You need to be driven, hard working, and self motivated. If you're not, then this is probably not the job for you.

keep up the awesomeness.

High Praise when doing well, very negative if not meeting their "standards."

Former Employee - Text Marketing Specialist  in  DeKalb, IL
    Former Employee - Text Marketing Specialist in DeKalb, IL

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can earn lots of commission when first starting with customers
    Can earn gift cards for collecting slow pays
    Fun co-workers

Cons

Constant fear of losing your job
    Supposed to control your customers answering the phone
    doesn't understand the difference between the words "goal" and "quota"
    Management is a joke
    They tell you to ask for help when you need it, but when you do, they're too busy or ignore you
    Just about every promise falls through.
    Sales reps are forced to make text sales or else they lose money, which causes them to do anything they can to make a sale (understandably so), but your customers hate you and want to cancel right out of the gate.
    Customers know more about deals to run than the company claims they do. Every successful message was my customer's idea. Not ours.
    If you work past 5pm, they will roll your time clock back to 40 hours.
    Management doesn't understand accounting, so they tell you lies about certain things just so they don't have to use their brain
    If you aren't sucking up, prepare to be treated like a subhuman.
    Encouraged not to take breaks.
    HR refused to help me with issues about the way I was being treated by my manager
    Also will low-ball your actual weekly results to her boss if not well-liked. It happened to just about all of us in the department.
    If you show any type of leadership skills, manager willl do what they can to make sure you don't do well.
    Watch what you say because somehow it will get back to your manager and you'll be "talked to" about it.
    If you show any negativity, you will be pulled aside about how you're dragging your "teammates" down.

The company is obviously starting to lose money and putting all of their eggs in the text marketing basket, which creates a very high pressure situation. In an interview with another company, I was asked why people are constantly leaving AMP.

The only positive review for this position was written by the manager.

Learn some leadership skills and stop feeling the need to be a part of every. single. aspect. of the company. If you still did our job you would be respected more.

There are newer employer reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

Worked for American Marketing and Publishing? Contribute to the Community!