American Medical Response

Being an EMT in Seattle

EMT (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at American Medical Response

ProsBeing an EMT for AMR in Seattle is probably one of the most rewarding private ambulance positions in the country. As with other private ambulance jobs it's just you and your partner for twelve hours. No boss breathing down your neck! Just run the calls they give you. Also EMTs with AMR Seattle get patients of a much higher acuity then other places. Chest pain, respiratory distress, significantly altered level of consciousness etc. AMR also has the only FEMA contract awarded to private ambulance. You could be part of a disaster response team deployed to hurricanes, and other disasters.

ConsBe prepared to work LONG hours. Shifts are 12 hours long but be ready to put in 13-14 especially if the dispatchers don't like you! Pay is low, starting at 13. So if you have a family or real bills you'd better be on board for some serious overtime. Most employees with families are working 60-72 hours a week to make ends meet.

Advice to Senior ManagementSaying Seattle EMTs should be satisfied with their low wages because they're one of the highest in the country is simply admitting how disastrously under-payed everyone else is. See the disparity between EMT wages and management bonuses for clarification.

Wonderful Place, until you see behind the curtains!!

Account Executive (Former Employee)
North Hollywood, CA

I worked at American Medical Response

Pros: Benefits, Time Off and Pay are absolutely second to none. As far as industry standards AMR is definately the leader in all three above… Cons: Sadly this corporation is slowly losing ground every day. Honestly, they are very out of touch with their customers and as a company, there… Advice to Senior Management: Well Sr. Management is completely incompetent, out of touch and unwilling to listen...SO......I would tell AMR ownership to review each unit closely (Los Angeles), and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

good mission, no opportunities, best people always leave

Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at American Medical Response

Pros: - the company helps save lives, you never have to worry about what your company does (if you don't think about this, you really should) -… Cons: - everybody is overworked and burned out, even managers and directors, even the ones who enjoy what they do, we all know the bottom line… Advice to Senior Management: this could be a great company, we do good work and we have some good people, if we would just stop chasing the best talent… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on American Medical Response.

Worked for American Medical Response? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Medical Response reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Medical Response CEO Mark Bruning. All reviews posted anonymously by American Medical Response employees.