American Mobile Healthcare

www.americanmobile.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Mobile Healthcare

The Best Recruiters at American Mobile

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare

Pros

My recruiter is the absolute best. She has gone above and beyond to help me throughout the entire travel nursing experience. She continues to keep me updated on available positions and really looks out for my best interest in every way.

Cons

I left my secure job , home, and family, in North East Ohio to pursue a more financial, stable and exciting travel positon in Tucson, Arizona. The assignment cancelled after day 4 which left me in a terrible situation. The hospital reported "lack of work" when I attempted to apply for unemployment. American Moblile reported a "mismatch" of work skills. Either way, I was out of a job, unemployed, miles from home, and no where to turn. No other positions where available at the time in Arizona, so I drove to Calif, where I fortunately had family members , and to stay with while I awaited the processing of my California license. I was unemployed for over 2 1/2 months before I decided to head back to the east coast, where I found a position in DC. My California license took over 4 months to process.

After my first travel experience in Tucson, Arizona, I will never accept another position unless I am personally interviewed by the manager on the assigned unit. I was not interviewed by any staff from Tucson Medical Center before I was hired for the travel position. I cannot begin to tell you the hardship I experienced as a result. I quit my job, packed up my life, and headed to Tucson. After only the second day on the unit , my contract was cancelled. Additionally, I was told I would have two days of orientation on the floor. After one day, I was left on my own with a workload that was unacceptable, while other nurses sat on the computer on FB or did homework. The nursing staff I worked with was confused that the hospital had hired Travelers. The nurses told me there was not even enough work for them. Nurses were being cancelled and sent home due to lack of work. These comments led me to question why I was hired as a traveler and then cancelled from my contract so quickly.

20 Other Employee Reviews for American Mobile Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Great service, wonderful people to work with!!!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been looking for employment for several months and as other nurse recruiters in the beginning were actively touching base with me every so often, they have seem to have lost interest in finding me a job. But, Staci who lives in San Diego has stuck with me for the last couple of months, not "forgetting" about me and checking in with me as well as telling me about job opportunities at least once or twice every two weeks. She is awesome. And when Staci found me employment, then Tracelle took over with getting me all squared away with the forms I needed and is a very nice person. I look forward to having a long relationship with American Mobile with many opportunities for employment.

Cons

Really, can't think of one thing, honestly.

Excellent 1st Time Travel Experience!!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Since my very first contact with NursesRx this company has been exceptional. Stacy, the first to reach out to me when I expressed interest from their website, continued as my personal recruiter. She listened to me. Read that sentence again! She found me the perfect position, based exactly on what I wanted. Plus, she returns my calls and emails within hours when I have a question or need help ... even remembering to call me on my first day to make sure to wish me luck! Next I met Natalie, who arranged my housing. The initial housing complex was very nice, even on water(!), but something about it just didn't feel like home to me. No problem! Again, Natalie listened to what I wanted and found me the perfect apartment. I couldn't have done better myself! And Jennifer in payroll has gone above and beyond to make sure my hours and pay is exactly what it should be, no arguments. I'm already looking over what opportunities are available to me for my next assignment! California, Las Vegas, Florida, Boston? I'm having a great time ... this is exactly what I hoped travel nursing would be!

Cons

The pre-employment process took longer than I thought it would. Not a negative experience, but thorough. Be prepared to offer proof of immunizations, take an online test proving competency in your field, and fill out several forms. Expect about 10 days to two weeks to get this stuff pulled together before starting an assignment.

There are newer employer reviews for American Mobile Healthcare