There are newer employer reviews for American Planning Association

Entry level position and learned a lot about a corporate enviornement

Current Employee - Accountant I in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Accountant I in Chicago, IL

I have been working at American Planning Association

Pros

Flexible with time off and benefits are great! A lot of room to learn and grow mentally and in your position but not compensated for it.

Cons

Management will tell you they will do one thing, but never actually follow thru. Communication is horrible, especially within accounting, and the director that is in charge is horrible and indecisive. It is a decent job for a year or so and if you are at the beginning of your career.

Treat your employees fairly and compensate and recognize them for their accomplishments.

reviews filtered by
  1. Low morale, open seated seating, no privacy, not inspirational or enjoyable to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at American Planning Association full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

35-hour work week. It was a check. Not much else good to say about it.

Cons

Low morale, not a good culture, lot of disgruntled employers, lack of guidance, no privacy, boring and uninspiring place to work.

2. An experience where you learn about how a non profit works. No direction or organization within the company.

Current Employee - Accountant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Accountant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at American Planning Association

Pros

Enjoy working with my co workers and direct manager. The times are flexible overall with taking time off and if u have to leave early. Overall it's a casual environment.

Cons

Management expects you to do things that try have seen or done before. Even if it's not your job function they ask questions to the wrong people.

To expect only of what can be done by management. And a key rule of thumb to lead by example which is necessary for any management position.

There are newer employer reviews for American Planning Association