American Public Media Group

americanpublicmedia.publicradio.org
  americanpublicmedia.publicradio.org
There are newer employer reviews for American Public Media Group

Little opportunity for career advancement

I worked at American Public Media Group

Pros

Mission - public service, talented colleagues

Cons

Limited career growth opportunities available

4 Other Employee Reviews for American Public Media Group (View Most Recent)

Great work-life balance, talented people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at American Public Media Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Not a lot of long hours here - management realizes that you have a life outside of work. Sometimes they offer good educational opportunities. The encourage growth from within. Decent pay for a non-profit. Employs a lot of extremely talented and interesting people.

Cons

They run a lean ship and it sometimes takes a lot longer than it should to get things done.

Great people but work was ok

I worked at American Public Media Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I got to work on some great projects that you normally wouldn't work on at other companies. My colleagues were also laid back, easy-going, and generally intelligent about what they were doing. Not only that, work-life balance was great - I always managed to leave the office at 5 and rarely had to stay later than that. It was also nice to see how public radio works from the inside and how things were done in a journalistic-focused office.

Cons

Little upward mobility and pay is on the average side of the scale. Sometimes there was little direction on projects and you were left to figure out things for yourself or drag out what you were working on to seem busy. It can be a steady environment, which may not be bad for some, but for others who like working on multiple projects at a time (like me) it can seem a bit dull. Also, I felt like I didn't utilize my skill set while here and when I did the things I worked on ended up being changed or scrapped.

There are newer employer reviews for American Public Media Group