American Red Cross

www.redcross.org

HR Technology

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThere is no micro management. Onsite cafeteria. Quiet work environment. Those who are self-disciplined can definitely improve their skills. Nice location in DC with shuttles to the nearest metro stations. Really the only part about ARC that impressed me was their commitment to diversity, with regular meetings for employees who wanted to attend.

ConsSomewhere in the organization there is trouble transitioning to technology. They use the same checks and balances they probably had in place before email, internet, etc. It's quiet and very very lonely. The only people I regularly spoke to were two people sitting near me, and the people I met smoking outside. On my first day I was given a brief tour, a desk, a computer and a phone. I had computer trouble the entire time I worked for them. My computer was so slow that adding a row in Excel could take up to twenty minutes. From what I saw, my only guess is that managers have just been promoted based on their time with the organization and not based on their skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet an efficiency expert and listen to what they have to say. Employees only know their one small part and no one takes responsibility or is held accountable for their work.

Laboratory Technician

Clinical Lab Scientist (Current Employee) Pomona, CA

I have been working at American Red Cross full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Decent Pay, lots of MANDATORY overtime(don't even know if that is… Cons: Consent Decree for almost 20 Years, are You kidding the American Public… Advice to Senior Management: Get in the Lab and see what's really going on. Morale is at an all time low, and tech's are sick and tired of getting… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I wish we got paid a little more

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Red Cross

Pros: I am proud to work for an organization that helps… Cons: high stress job (emergency call center SAF) for low pay Advice to Senior Management: Increase our wages a little, make more opportunities for growth More
There are newer reviews on American Red Cross.

Worked for American Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!