American Red Cross
www.redcross.org Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Fairly rewarding work/ bad management

Saint Paul, MN

ProsThe Red Cross possesses an amazing mission and going to work everyday knowing what you do is saving lives is what's kept me here.

ConsManagement expects people to take on 2, 3, even 4 different roles at a time with no salary bump. Their leave policy in my division is this: the only excusable leave is bereavement leave. They are highly lacking in the communication department causing great confusion/frustration. In the past when you worked for a non profit you expected lower wages but the benefits made up for it; this is no longer the case at the Red Cross.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe job market is turning around (albeit slowly) and at some point you are going to need to start treating your employees better. Improve communication.

Red Cross Biomedical - Donor Rep Columbus Ohio

Donor Recruitment Representative (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

I have been working at American Red Cross full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good opportunity to work for a non profit that runs… Cons: You'd think they cared about the welfare of their own people? But they don't. They expect you to work 60 hours a week, and will… Advice to Senior Management: Hire better management. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A love hate job

Phlebotomist (Former Employee)
    Wichita, KS

I worked at American Red Cross full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Working with donors, decent starting pay, most workers are very… Cons: Excessive travel, irregular hours and sleep Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to deal with issues when it's brought to their attention… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Red Cross.

Worked for American Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Red Cross reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Red Cross CEO Gail McGovern. All reviews posted anonymously by American Red Cross employees.