American Red Cross
www.redcross.org Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Work with amazing people doing something you can be proud of at the end of the day.

Donor Technician II (Former Employee)
Albany, NY

ProsSome of the best things about working for the Red Cross (blood services) include; new places every day, new people, great coworkers, great pay, plenty of overtime, loads of pay differentials, benefits and you can feel good about helping save lives when you go home at night.

ConsTop cons of working at the Red Cross include; long, unpredictable hours, the extreme opposite of a normal work schedule, you may occasionally have to drive yourself to far off locations and there's very little time for life outside of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementA new, professional Regulatory Manager would improve employee turnover rates drastically.

Challenging

Manager (Current Employee)
    Douglasville, GA

I have been working at American Red Cross full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Prestige when the red cross symbol is recognized. Cons: Salery increase in not equal to most health care companies Advice to Senior Management: Continue to show and give employees respect. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Volunteering in a first-class organization is a must experience.

Disaster Services Volunteer (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

I have been working at American Red Cross part-time for more than a year

Pros: Source of great personal satisfaction. Cons: My only regret is not having more time to dedicate… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Red Cross.

Worked for American Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Red Cross reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Red Cross CEO Gail McGovern. All reviews posted anonymously by American Red Cross employees.