American Red Cross

www.redcross.org
There are newer employer reviews for American Red Cross

Great organization, Tough place to work

I have been working at American Red Cross full-time

Pros

The mission of the organization is fantastic. They do so much to help others and help save lives that you really feel good abut what you do on a day to day basis. There are also some very good people to work with.

Cons

The organization is going through some changes and there have not been a lot of opportunities to advance. They need to change from a culture of reducing to one of building in order for staff to feel safe and appreciated.

821 Other Employee Reviews for American Red Cross (View Most Recent)

Great to work for a company with a mission.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Associate
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Associate

I have been working at American Red Cross full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is so gratifying working for a company that has a mission to help people. I work in the blood services sector, and while it is highly regulated, hearing the stories of the lives that have positively affected and changed as a result of receiving the blood products helps drive what I do. Salary is competitive and the health benefits are very good in comparison with some other companies.

Cons

Due to financial concerns the company is consistently downsizing, so there is a concern with job security right now.

Be more proactive to regulatory requirements & quality standards rather than reactive to FDA observations.

American Red Cross Response

Aug 14, 2014Talent Acquisition Program Associate

Thank you for your review and your service to the Red Cross! We are pleased to hear about your positive experience working for us and praise for our mission. Our leadership team has implemented ... More

The Red Cross is an amazing place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at American Red Cross part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, upbeat people, feel-good company, great work-life balance, strong values and missions and overall a great experience

Cons

a lot of changes occurring depending on where you live, its hard to know what jobs will be there and which ones won't

American Red Cross Response

Aug 14, 2014Talent Acquisition Program Associate

Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear your experience with us has been a positive one. We are committed to communicating openly and regularly with our staff about any additional ... More

There are newer employer reviews for American Red Cross