American Red Cross

www.redcross.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for American Red Cross

If you're the pizza boy, please don't apply.

Current Employee - Data Entry
Current Employee - Data Entry

I have been working at American Red Cross

Pros

Be a part of an organization that works to save lives via blood donations, disaster relief, and partakes in global causes. The benefits package here is laughable at best but when you compare it to other businesses locally it's one of the best for this area.

Cons

Human Resources is a bunch of IDIOTS.They do not take needs into consideration and if you exhibit slight signs of having a disability, it WILL be used against you. Only the strong will surviive working here for so long.

Get the cork out of your asses. Treat your teams with respect and don't make us feel like we're a bunch of maggots please.

869 Other Employee Reviews for American Red Cross (View Most Recent)

American Red Cross is a typical nonprofit organization.

Current Employee - Client Recovery Specialist
    Current Employee - Client Recovery Specialist

I have been working at American Red Cross

Pros

When you decide to work for Red Cross, you will get to train for many areas of disaster relief services. The employees are friendly for the most part and are there for you in your times of need and stress. The Red Cross offers a chance to experience assisting those who have unmet needs due to disasters (i.e. hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, fires, floods, tornadoes, environmental/chemical disasters). The dress is not as business/professional as some organizations, but generally, the clients are the main reason for working there. The atmosphere of clients is quite diverse and different issues give different experiences daily.

Cons

There is always some type of fundraising effort going on which starts with the employees.
    You are required to become a shelter manager in times of need even if that isn't something you want to do.
    The upper management divisions do not have a clear picture as to what is going on at the chapter levels for the most part. They seek out the good in all employees, but are not consistent in directives. The work day does not include a lunch hour; instead, employees are given the option to have a working-lunch break and leave work at four instead of five.

Do not treat your employees like they are in kindergarten, be a little more professional and less dramatic.

Top ARC Managment required to work in the field.

Current Employee - Disaster Volunteer Recruiter for T6 - I Am A Volunteer in Boston, MA

I have been working at American Red Cross

Pros

Helping people in need. Being able to give back for all the blessing I have in my life.

Cons

Top level managment makes decisions without having had job experience in the areas they are making decisions about. Changes always seem to be made in haste and right before hurricane season.

Listen and go to job sites and DO THE WORK with the volunteers so you can really understand what the organization does and what it takes to do it. Do not implement changes willy nilly because you have not been careful with the donated dollar.

There are newer employer reviews for American Red Cross