American Residential Communities
www.aboutarc.com Englewood, CO 500 to 999 Employees

Not a job for the weak.

Community Manager (Current Employee)
Englewood, CO

ProsGreat communication between upper management and the field and a complete willingness to consider almost any suggestion for improvement. Recent changes have made the company more progressive and have given alot of room to grow. There is a definate standard to which you are held and it is made clear from the get-go if you stick to these you will get the back up you need. There is plenty of one on one time with the higher ups (I have met almost everyone) and feel that I can call any one of them if need be. they have also implemented some new practices and programs in the past year that have made our jobs much easier and have cut out much of the paperwork associated with the job. Good bonus structure and benefits.

ConsLong hours(sometimes up to 12 hrs a day) and fairly low salaries (less than 30K) compared to other property management companies. Minimal staff causes community managers to spend more time on mowers in the summer than watching the budget. Annual fourth quarter cut-backs brings business to a near halt at the end of the year. Annual rent increases cause dissatisfaction among residents even though many communitys have indaicated that they are unable to offer any new services and are from time to time unable to maintain their locations to standard even though they are consiterable higher than the competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe residents here are not rich people, it is important to keep in mind that they are the first to be laid off and struggle during hard times. Maybe we can go one year without increasing rents and actually complete some of the projects we have promised them year after year.

arc is awesome

Property Management (Former Employee)

I worked at American Residential Communities

Pros: solid place to work,great management Cons: pay is weak,but decent benefits Advice to Senior Management: little more incentives!! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Incredible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at American Residential Communities full-time

Pros: Work independently and with freedom to make decisions Cons: Top down management could be overbearing at times Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on American Residential Communities.

Worked for American Residential Communities? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Residential Communities reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Residential Communities CEO David Helfand. All reviews posted anonymously by American Residential Communities employees.