American Residential Services
www.ars.com Memphis, TN 5000+ Employees

A nightmare that I hope I never re-live.

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Tucson, AZ

ProsExcellent pay and flexible hours if you are meeting the budget expectations. They use the most of available technology to keep information in front of you.

ConsClosed minded when it comes to trying new things even when they are proven. No "human" side to processes. Very analytical but on the other hand not open to accept data that does not agree with their current structure. Not customer friendly in any way imaginable.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to focus on the customer base and open your minds to programs that not only produce sales and profits, but also build loyalty in your customers and employees. You are alienating them from the business.

The Direct Supervisor does not know how to communicate well

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Columbia, SC

I worked at American Residential Services

Pros: You do not have someone breathing down your neck while… Cons: Communication within the management is very poor. Advice to Senior Management: Try to work better with your top performers No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Humiliating Place to Work

Journeyman Plumber (Former Employee)
    Pacific, WA

I worked at American Residential Services

Pros: Company provides your vehicle and gas. You do earn vacation… Cons: Management puts down employees. Shouts and tries to humiliate employees into better job performance. As in… Advice to Senior Management: Learn to encourage performance in a positive way. Try to understand the situation before condemnation begins. Do not ask employees to do things that are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Residential Services.

Worked for American Residential Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Residential Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Residential Services CEO Don Karnes. All reviews posted anonymously by American Residential Services employees.