American Senior Communities

www.ascseniorcare.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for American Senior Communities

Therapists are great, management and benefits are horrible.

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Zionsville, IN
Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Zionsville, IN

I have been working at American Senior Communities

Pros

Flexibility in work schedule, cohesion between therapists

Cons

Poor CNA staff who do not care about patients rights (some great nursing staff, however, very overworked and poorly staffed), very very poor benefits (taking away of 401 k contribution, less PTO earned, no raises at year end), poor management of staff, poor interdisciplinary communication (besides between therapy disciplines), poor appreciation of staff, company cares only about making money rather than patients' rights and needs .. etc etc. I could go on and on......

Advice to Management

Read "cons". Appreciate your therapists as we are your money makers... You will be paying more in prn staffing compensation and training new therapists if you do not treat your therapists well, as many of us are searching elsewhere for employment since your "cutbacks".

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Dead-end job with few incentives, condescending managers, and no ladder to climb.

Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at American Senior Communities

Pros

Hands down, the residents. After working at one assisted living community for 3 years, some of them are like family to me.

Cons

This money-hungry company doesn't care about its employees. They claim to be losing money (what a crock) so as a resul, every employee suffers. Beginning in 2012 and until further notice: -Raises have been suspended, Executive Directors and General Managers are taking a 5% pay reduction. -10% reduction in PTO earned. -The 401(k) match contribution has been suspended. More cuts are expected. Also, the company was sold and is being taken over by the state in March of this year. You do not want to be an employee at any ASC facility as this transition happens. The managers are incredibly stressed and are coming down hard on everyone else. The employee morale is at an all-time low.

Advice to Management

I understand the residents are the number one priority, but realize that happy employees equals happy residents... And until you realize that, neither will be satisfied with your money-hungry company.

2. Interesting

Former Employee - Admissions & Marketing Director in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Admissions & Marketing Director in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at American Senior Communities

Pros

Good Bonus opportunities. Good people to work for

Cons

Too many hours invested for little or no return.

Advice to Management

You've out grown your current strategies. Think and act big