American Society for Clinical Pathology

www.ascp.org
  www.ascp.org
There are newer employer reviews for American Society for Clinical Pathology

Think Twice

I have been working at American Society for Clinical Pathology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company benefits, multiple choice coffee, sometimes free food.

Cons

Management supervisory style, company morale

Salaries are not the best as for a company located downtown. Projects requires to work late hours or work at a home.
Lower management and supervisory does not have a clue how to manage their employees. ASCP supposed to invents some money in training at least supervisor how to manage and treat their employees. There are some exception however ..... Supervision style is more than worst. Like for an educated people they supposed to have some level of knowledge how to manage other. Maybe this is connected with respect to the others, if you don't respect your employees no matter how you are educated - supervisory / management style is poor. Another is gossiping, this is wide for all departments to gossip and happens even to the management people. This lowers morale of the company. Also judging others, since you are not perfect on 100% perfect and a way away from perfectness stop judging the others. But I believe judging and gossips is in pair and this is a cancer of this company. But still a lot of great people working there, hard working sometimes sacrificing their families, the only question is what they have or will get because of that? even sometimes no "thank you from a supervisor or a manager" The company by itself is great company but remember - the people represents the company so ..... As of almost 8 years of employment I am thinking about a step forward and change employee since this is a stagnation , nothing else.

32 Other Employee Reviews for American Society for Clinical Pathology (View Most Recent)

It's not the worst company I've worked for, but...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at American Society for Clinical Pathology full-time

Pros

It's difficult to put together a genuine list of pros. Here is my attempt:
    1) Location - The office has a convenient location in the Loop.
    2) Parties - They know how to throw down during company functions.
    3) Benefits - I probably won't come across a benefits package like theirs again.

Cons

1) Upper Management - They often ignore legitimate criticisms and don't see the potential in their own staff.
    2) Long Hours - This doesn't apply to everyone, but those who really care about the projects they're involved in seem to work 300% harder than their complacent counterparts (who outnumber them 10-to-1).
    3) No Room for Growth - There is no ladder to climb and there are hardly any opportunities to gain new skills. If professional development is important to you, I would highly suggest looking elsewhere.
    4) Compensation - This isn't really much of a con. It's a not-for-profit company, so low pay is almost an implication.

Acknowledge the issues outlined in these reviews (and no, not the fake ones you've planted).

Toxic Culture/Poor Leadership

Former Employee - Education  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Education in Chicago, IL

I worked at American Society for Clinical Pathology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good location downtown. Easy commute

Cons

Leadership actually used a Townhall once to call all of employees sycophants and losers because we gossip! Leadership was out of touch, very clicky environment. Good people left constantly.

Seriously, heed your own corporate jingos and start behaving like decent people.

There are newer employer reviews for American Society for Clinical Pathology

Worked for American Society for Clinical Pathology? Contribute to the Community!