American Society of Clinical Oncology
www.asco.org Alexandria, VA 150 to 499 Employees

Managment uses scare tactics to increase productivity

Program Assistant (Current Employee)
Alexandria, VA

I have been working at American Society of Clinical Oncology full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat mission and most of the employees are really sweet.

ConsManagement micromanaging every single project and task you have. ROWE doesn't exist in the Membership Department, and makes it hard to have vacation or time off.. Management has unrealistic expectations with the work load, and the most disorganized department, then blame your time management skills for the reason deadlines aren't met. Salaries are low for how demanding and for how much training is involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease open your eyes and realize why the turn over is so high ... Is it really the employee, or is it the way the employees are treated and counterproductively micromanaged?

Relaxing and friendly atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Alexandria, VA

I worked at American Society of Clinical Oncology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Friendly atmosphere Relaxing work environment Good equipment Excellent work life balance Cons: Limited opportunities for growth Questionable middle management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Cutthroat non-profit run like a corporation - without the monetary perks...

Program Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at American Society of Clinical Oncology

Pros: The mission of the American Society of Clinical Oncology is wonderful. I enjoyed working with the membership and… Cons: Unfortunately, the management within ASCO is not mission focused. After working with the organization for three years, I couldn't wait to leave. There were a… Advice to Senior Management: Show respect for staff. They are working hard every day to promote the mission of the organization and they are rarely given recognition. Overall, there is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on American Society of Clinical Oncology.

Worked for American Society of Clinical Oncology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Society of Clinical Oncology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Society of Clinical Oncology CEO Allen S. Lichter. All reviews posted anonymously by American Society of Clinical Oncology employees.