There are newer employer reviews for American Society of Clinical Oncology

Fantastic. One of the most relaxed, friendly places you could ever hope to work.

Former Employee - Program Assistant in Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - Program Assistant in Alexandria, VA

I worked at American Society of Clinical Oncology

Pros

If you're interested in non-profit (particularly healthcare and medical specialty societies), the experience you gain here will be invaluable! If you have no interest in those things, it's possible that you might be bored. Nonetheless, people are friendly, fun, very relaxed, understanding, lenient, and a huge promoter of the work/life balance initiative.

Cons

I hate to say it because everything else is so wonderful, but unfortunately the salaries are a bit low. This is to be expected from any non-profit organization. If you're 100% entry level, the salary might be more than you'd find at other places.

Dear Management,

You're wonderful and we adore you. But there are certain departments that don't have many opportunities for advancement. Could you change that?

Love,

ASCO Employees

29 Other Employee Reviews for American Society of Clinical Oncology (View Most Recent)

"Management" by bullying

I worked at American Society of Clinical Oncology full-time

Pros

Having unrealistic levels of projects and deliverables dumped onto me helped me to develop great project and time management skills. My job title enabled me to get a new position at a 20% increase in salary, more reasonable workload, and way better organizational culture.

Cons

Staff is promoted to "management" positions through politics- not competency, and definitely not for their ability to manage or motivate staff. It felt like being in high school vs a professional work environment, with all of the negative cliqueness that goes along with a predominately female atmosphere. There are limited opportunities for professional growth, salaries are significantly less than fair market, and supervisor expectations are unrealistic. While the org touts a great work/life balance with their recent switch to a ROWE ( results only work environment), the reality is that you are expected to always "be on".

Board members should demand accountability from HR and the Executive team for why there is such high staff turnover. Poor, or lacking, management skills will continue to result in repetitive recruitment and training costs unnecessarily. .

Great are

I have been working at American Society of Clinical Oncology

Pros

Cool place to work with and improve and way to go

Cons

Not so great amenties really to work for

Be genuine to your employees

There are newer employer reviews for American Society of Clinical Oncology