American Specialty Health

www.ashcompanies.com
  www.ashcompanies.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Specialty Health

ASH promotes a healthy lifestyle to our customers, at the workplace, and in our own personal lives

Current Employee - Senior Coordinator  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Senior Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Specialty Health

Pros

American Specialty Health is the epitome of a company that "practices what it preaches." ASH is a health and wellness company and it's not limited to the products we sell to our clients, but it's apparent in our corporate culture as well. It's so refreshing to be excited about going to work every day because of the people I work with and having a passion for the work we do.

ASH offers great benefits to its employees including tuition reimbursement, reimbursement for participating in active events including races, discounted movie tickets, access to an onsite fitness center, optional onsite training classes for programs such as Excel, and these are just a few of the perks we have. We have a casual dress code to help support and encourage our healthy lifestyles. But despite this relaxed environment, there is a strong sense of professionalism and respect amongst the staff.

Cons

The only thing I would say is that the hiring process takes a while, but that is understandable because they do well to screen those who they think would fit in with our corporate culture.

I think management does an excellent job of leading by example. I also think that management is friendly and approachable. Our management team encourages us to grow within the company and to grow as individuals.

47 Other Employee Reviews for American Specialty Health (View Most Recent)

It's ok, but not for everyone

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Specialty Health

Pros

If you are looking for a place were you can put in 40 hours a week and walk away, ASH is a good place to be.The dress code is pretty casual, which is good I guess.

Cons

You can't count on raises, during my time at ASH, they had a salary freeze one year followed by raises limited to a 3% department average (although you could still get a decent raise through promotion). The company also spends a lot of time talking about how great it is, including quarterly company wide meetings that are a waist of time. That gets old fast. There are some decent folks at ASH, but there is plenty of incompetence to deal with as well.

Focus on improving current products and offerings, less on rushing out whatever some client asked for to get one sale.

Started out OK, but they kept taking away perks.

Current Employee - IT Department  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - IT Department in San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Specialty Health

Pros

Good place to get corporate experience without a lot of pressure. The paid holidays are exceptional. It is a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

The location is OK if you like to sit in traffic. Pay scale is not very good. Disconnect between departments.

Not the best idea to freeze wages then tell employees how well the company is doing a month later. Quarterly awards are a huge waste of time.

There are newer employer reviews for American Specialty Health

Worked for American Specialty Health? Contribute to the Community!