American Superconductor
www.amsc.com Devens, MA 150 to 499 Employees

Very poorly managed company with lots of hidden agenda at the top and very poor leadership (none).

ProsIndependent of what you do and how bad you contribute, as long as you know the right person at the top you are fine. You dance to the music from the top you are safe.

ConsThere is NO leadership
There is NO vision
The so called leadership does not have a clue for the contributions that makes the goals met.
Very sad place

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk
You need to first identify who are the true leaders. You have not demonstrated to the working employees that you know this.
Do not rely on those incompetant (in your terms) leadership.
At the end of the day you need to be competent enough to pick the right leaders not those who tell you what you want to hear to safeguard their jobs and their agendas.

My experience at American Superconductor was very good, it was an excellent workplace.

Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee)
    Devens, MA

I worked at American Superconductor full-time for more than a year

Pros: The technology was very interesting, the environment was conducive to… Cons: The only downside to working at American Superconductor was the… Advice to Senior Management: Try and retain more of the dedicated current employees, and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Long time employee, company is fighting for its life

Madison, WI

I have been working at American Superconductor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good people, casual work environment. Benefits are OK. They do pay people pretty well. But in… Cons: So many layoffs because of the Sinoval debacle that moral is in the toilet. … Advice to Senior Management: Stop flying every executive all around the world in non-stop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on American Superconductor.

Worked for American Superconductor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Superconductor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Superconductor CEO Daniel P. (Dan) McGahn. All reviews posted anonymously by American Superconductor employees.