The worst experience of my extensive and expansive career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Woburn, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I worked at American Tower

Pros

Stable industry, financially sound, good place for entry level exposure to the Business.

Cons

Inconsistent ethics regarding treatment of employees across and among business units and functions. Targeting of individuals for set up to fire. More firing of employees without significant reasons than I have ever seen. Management is allowed to bully and torment employees without recourse. Work / life balance is inconsistent. Employees appear to be punished like children for having a personal life or being out sick.

Do a detailed assessment of the level of experience required in mature organizations in order to hold VP and Director level. The Business side seems to be fairly good with some inconsistencies. Management training in a more formalized way would be helpful in ensuring the core values, principles, and so forth that the leadership team aspires to foster within the company culture. In my opinion, the company has a long way to go to mature to be able to catch up to the rapid growth it has experienced.

Other Reviews for American Tower

great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at American Tower

Pros

great company to work for people are nice

Cons

advancement within company can be limited

Salery can be higher

permote within

Good experience

Former Employee - Market Intern  in  Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Market Intern in Woburn, MA

I worked at American Tower

Pros

It has a very friendly atmosphere. I loved working with the people there. It is a very flat organization and they respect all their employees. it is a very non hierarchical company.

Cons

the pay is not that great. It is a very sales driven organization and all the other departments are not given that much importance.

improve the pay scale and start spending more on strategies and how to get new business. it relies a lot in its old customers.

There are newer employer reviews for American Tower.

Worked for American Tower? Contribute to the Community!