There are newer employer reviews for American Tower

One word if you're interviewing for an IT Position -- RUN!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Woburn, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at American Tower full-time

Pros

Financial stability, good CEO and Senior Vice Presidents, most employees are nice, strategic vision for the company is sound

Cons

Management is extremely critical of their employees, they micro-manage, and they're very unpleasant to work for. For the most part they're new to managing IT which has also resulted in roadblocks taking way too long to get resolved. The IT Organization has a revolving door so avoid getting too attached to any of the coworkers. Given the financial stability of the company it's extremely sad to see the poor culture IT Management has decided to foster, there's just no reason for it other than their own egos.

Listen to your employees more and talk less, appreciate the effort employees put in and allow employees to make mistakes -- this is how people learn, when trying a new method realize it's not going to go smoothly the first time around be reasonable with employees instead of blaming them when things don't go the way you anticipated. And for goodness sake, take accountability for your actions and direction.

83 Other Employee Reviews for American Tower (View Most Recent)

The worst experience of my extensive and expansive career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I worked at American Tower

Pros

Stable industry, financially sound, good place for entry level exposure to the Business.

Cons

Inconsistent ethics regarding treatment of employees across and among business units and functions. Targeting of individuals for set up to fire. More firing of employees without significant reasons than I have ever seen. Management is allowed to bully and torment employees without recourse. Work / life balance is inconsistent. Employees appear to be punished like children for having a personal life or being out sick.

Do a detailed assessment of the level of experience required in mature organizations in order to hold VP and Director level. The Business side seems to be fairly good with some inconsistencies. Management training in a more formalized way would be helpful in ensuring the core values, principles, and so forth that the leadership team aspires to foster within the company culture. In my opinion, the company has a long way to go to mature to be able to catch up to the rapid growth it has experienced.

It is good to start your career, but growing within is almost impossible.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at American Tower

Pros

Stable company in bad economy. Nice vacation package, cafeteria, and gym

Cons

When I started I had a lot of loyalty and pride in the company, and thought that with hard work I could succeed and make it to the next level. However, only friends of managers get promoted, and hard work is not recognized.

Be polite and at least say "Good Morning" or "Have a good weekend" to employees!

There are newer employer reviews for American Tower

Worked for American Tower? Contribute to the Community!