There are newer employer reviews for American Tower

Strong financials, interesting opportunities, great outlook

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at American Tower full-time

Pros

I have had really interesting assignments since I started with ATC and have been promoted several times. I've also had the opportunity to work on several high profile projects that have allowed me to gain unique experience.

The company has supported my growth by allowing me to return to school part time in the evenings and has allowed me to take time out of work to attend trainings and conferences.

I was given equity in the company when I started and have received an annual grant every year due to strong continued performance. That equity has really started to add up over the past couple years. There is also an employee stock purchase program so I was able to buy additional ATC stock.

The company has experienced a lot of growth both internationally and in the US. We have a strong business model and excellent financials. It is definitely a company I see myself with for the next several years.

Cons

There have been some growing pains as the company sets itself up for future growth. Work can't and shouldn't be done in silos and so the company needs to focus on improving communication flow between the divisions.

90 Other Employee Reviews for American Tower (View Most Recent)

Fast growing company, profitable and good business model

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at American Tower full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Growth, invests in tools and systems, good people and business model.

Cons

Needs to break down silos.

Busy but fulfilling

I have been working at American Tower (more than an year)

Pros

Been with the company (IT) for a little over a year. The department is growing quickly and due to a huge surge of projects and expansion a few years ago there was a need to hire many people very fast. This led to some growing pains but within the past 6 months the team and culture have really been solidified, mostly due to significant changes in personnel - and for the best.

Overall the environment is fast paced and exciting. If you are a people person with a desire to be challenged and to learn a lot while meeting and getting to know dedicated and very smart co-workers this is the company for you.

Company is very financially solid and is the leader in the industry.

Everyone's opinions are valued and respected.

Cons

Significant foundational projects and new vision for the organization lead to some hectic days.
    Could have more even and fair salaries.
    The company runs very lean so sometimes you are asked to do interim periods of additional responsibilities. Expectation is that this will be lowered in the next few months.

There are newer employer reviews for American Tower