There are newer employer reviews for American Tower

Wouldn't work here again unless some higher ups are GONE!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Woburn, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at American Tower full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary, stock options, benefits are all good.

Cons

Where to start? Since ATC's "reorg" earlier this year, this company has been in a free fall. ATC's brought in a "seasoned" veteran in Telecom and his "vision" for the company is completely blurred and going nowhere quick. This individual went and hired his BFF from Sprint/Clearwire/LightSquared days and has put the nail on this coffin (nepotism anyone). Don't fret though; the dynamic duo will be gone as soon as the next carrier comes to fruition as they love to job hop their way through telecom. It's too bad that by then, ATC will have lost MANY good, decent, hard working employees that contribute to the success of this company. But don't fret (again) because the slugs who have entrenched themselves here, the frauds, the people who are morally devoid of any common decency (you know who you are) will stay on and still make this company a really awful place to work.

And if the higher ups don't run you off, you have the whiners to contend with; who also are so far up upper managements behind you can see their face when the "seasoned" veteran speaks. Being proactive and doing a good job are NOT rewarded here. What is rewarded is drinking the kool-aid. Do that and you’re good as gold. Unfortunately, many of us believe working hard and not kissing behinds is the more professional way to go but that doesn’t get you a raise or a bonus when the time comes. And sometimes, it means the end of the job you’ve had for years.

As soon as I find the right opportunity, I'll be fleeing this ship. For the record, I was one who contributed.

I think my advice to anyone above the "seasoned" veteran is pretty clear. The 2 new captains of this ship are sinking it faster than one would think possible. People are fleeing like rats, and who could blame them? The good people, who actually know what they're doing, will leave, while the dead weight stays and ATC will be the red headed step child of the tower industry again. They've been there before and they're headed back there now. As a very long term person in this industry, you see these type of people come and go and believe me, they'll go, sooner than later, unfortunately you're also going to lose a lot of talented people who actually brought something to the table, instead of sitting around like the sloths they are.

83 Other Employee Reviews for American Tower (View Most Recent)

Stable company, satisfying work, lots of opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at American Tower full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Offers growth opportunity
    Financially stable
    Strong leadership
    Talented colleagues
    Supports learning / continuing education / training opportunities
    Annual performance reviews

Cons

Does not offer telecommuting
    Needs to improve communication between divisions

Interesting assignments, upward mobility, great stability

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at American Tower full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Interesting work, lots of opportunity, great work/life balance, solid company, strong financials, ethical management, training opportunities. You can set your own career path, easy to move up or around company if you're a hard worker.

Cons

Salaries lower, pay heavily in equity. Great if you plan on staying long term.

There are newer employer reviews for American Tower

Worked for American Tower? Contribute to the Community!